Holy Family Minor Basilica
The very first building of the Holy Family Minor Basilica was established in 1904. With a sitting capacity of 300–400 people, it was the first stone building in Nairobi. Dorothy Hughes, East Africa’s first woman architect designed the new (current) basilica in 1960. Located at the end of Koinange Street and between Kaunda Street, Parliament Road and City Hall Way, this Catholic Church Cathedral and Basilica was dedicated to the Holy Family located around City Square in Nairobi.